- Over 173,000 artists worldwide
- Includes over 11,000 examples of artists' signatures and monograms
- Includes bibliography, auction records from Art Sales Index
- Includes 2,000 new biographies and over 3,000 revised entries from French edition
- Greater coverage of American and British artists (slightly less coverage of French artists) than the French edition
The Benezit Dictionary of Artists, published since 1911, is a landmark reference work in Art History, a magnificent 14 volume biographical dictionary of painters, sculptors, draftsmen, and engravers from around the world and across history. With entries on over 175,000 artists, the Benezit is one of the most comprehensive and definitive resources on artists. Unique features include the dictionary's coverage of obscure artists and the inclusion of images of artists' signatures, monograms, and stamps. Entries are clear and concise, and often contain auction records, museum holdings, and bibliographies. Valued for both its wide coverage of lesser-known artists and its deep coverage of artists occupying the core pantheon of art.