Making Sense of Lung Function Tests, Second Edition
Costul de livrare se calculeaza odata cu adaugarea produsului in cos si selectarea localitatii destinatie.
- Pocket-sized format of commonly performed tests of respiratory function for easy reference in the clinical setting
- Uses succinct text that is ideal for the non-specialist to improve their knowledge and gain confidence
- Emphasizes clinical interpretation rather than physiological or biochemical principles
- Provides succinct coverage of key physiological information highlighted for rapid reference
- Includes frequently asked questions with answers ideal for the trainee
Respiratory problems are the commonest cause of acute admission to hospital. A variety of diagnostic investigations are required, both for acute and clinic assessment. Making Sense of Lung Function Tests, Second Edition familiarises both trainees and more experienced clinicians with the interpretation of a range of respiratory parameters. It places lung function in a clinical context using real-life examples and provides invaluable hands-on guidance.
For this second edition Consultant Respiratory Physician Jonathan Dakin and Consultant Anaesthetist Elena Kourteli are joined by Mark Mottershaw, Chief Respiratory Physiologist from Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, all contributing a broad range of expertise and perspectives. Together they have updated the book throughout and added new chapters including an algorithm for interpretation of pulmonary function tests, exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) and cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
The text offers a clear explanation of the concepts which students find difficult, including:
- The basis of obstructive and restrictive defects
- Pattern recognition of the flow volume loop
- Differences between TLCO and KCO
- Assessment of oxygenation using PO2 and SO2
- The basis of Type 1 and type 2 respiratory failure
- Distinguishing respiratory and metabolic acidosis
- The relationship between sleep and respiratory failure
The information is presented in an accessible way, suitable for any who seek only a grounding in spirometry or blood gases, but also sufficiently comprehensive for those completing specialist training in general or respiratory medicine.
15%La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani30600lei 260.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani78600lei 720.00 lei
10%La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani88200lei 790.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani62700lei 575.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani784.00 lei
15%La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani78600lei 665.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani335.00 lei