Gestational Diabetes: Origins, Complications, and Treatment
Costul de livrare se calculeaza odata cu adaugarea produsului in cos si selectarea localitatii destinatie.
- Focuses on evidence-based medicine in various aspects of gestational diabetes
- Provides glucose requirements for fetal growth and maternal and fetal metabolism, as well as insulin secretion and sensitivity in pregnancy
- Covers genetic risk factors, autoimmunity, interaction with obesity, and associations with fetal growth genes
- Describes diet therapies, the role of weight loss and exercise, nutritional requirements, and low glycemic index diets
- Reviews effects of rapid-, short-, and long-acting insulin, effects of oral hypoglycaemic agents in pregnancy, and clinical management approaches
- Highlights how genetic risk factors connect with other forms of diabetes
- Presents key recent references in every chapter, identifying those most suitable for gaining greater detail on the topics
- Includes summary figures in each chapter, including decision diagram for use when treating gestational diabetes
Given the rapid increase in the worldwide incidence of gestational diabetes, the need for defining the risks and effects associated with raised glucose concentrations in pregnancy is great. Recent large studies are helping to define the risks, as well as identify the benefits of reducing glucose intolerance. Written by an esteemed list of international authors, Gestational Diabetes: Origins, Complications, and Treatment presents timely reviews relating to some of the most important aspects of gestational diabetes, specifically its causes, consequences, and treatments.
Divided into five sections, the book begins with a section on metabolism in pregnancy and gestational diabetes, dealing with maternal and foetal glucose metabolism and the controversial area of what actually constitutes gestational diabetes. The next section examines risk factors and causes of gestational diabetes, including the obvious but often overlooked factorsbeing female and pregnant. The text also outlines environmental and genetic risk factors. The third section deals with the potential complications of gestational diabetes for both mother and offspring, considering short-term and long-term effects.
The largest section in the book addresses treatments in an effort to improve the outcome for the mother and the baby. Chapters describe the nutritional approach, considered the cornerstone of treating gestational diabetes, as well as evidence for the role of exercise in its treatment and a useful strategy for treating gestational diabetes pharmacologically. The final section discusses future prospects in screening, diagnosis, prevention, pathophysiology, and treatment of gestational diabetes.
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani700.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani1,20000lei 1100.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani800.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani49000lei 450.00 lei
19%La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani3,10000lei 2500.00 lei
17%La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani1,68500lei 1400.00 lei
La comanda in aproximativ 4 saptamani370.00 lei